Promoting entrepreneurship through education: state of the art and recommendations
The main aim of the EN.GA.G.E project is to promote Entrepreneurial Education (EE) in Primary and Secondary Schools across Europe, with the support of digital educational games.
Therefore, as a first milestone of the project, the project partners have carried out a Study/Research on game-based entrepreneurial learning methodologies at national and European levels.
The document -available in EN,IT,GR,FR,RO – summarizes the findings from the different research activities:
- Desk Research where each Country (Knowledge Partner and Practice Partner) investigated into the main topics of the project: State-of-the-art of EE at local, national and EU level; Game based-learning (GBL) and significance of gaming in education; Identification of existing digital educational games aimed at promoting entrepreneurial competencies/li>
- Focus groups (FGs) implemented in each partner Country: FGs with experts and teachers on the entrepreneurial culture and the use of digital educational games for the acquisition/development of entrepreneurial competencies; FGs with students toassess learners’ appreciation of the use of digital games for EE.
- Summary Report, summarizing the findings of the national reserach actiivties.
The Paper also includes a more operational section with guidelines and the first Glossary for entrepreneurial education in Primary and Secondary Schools across Europe.
The report will serve a theoretical background for the implementation of IO2: Design, realization and test of two EN.GA.G.E. digital games for entrepreneurial education (Primary/Secondary schools)
What is the teachers’ attitude towards the entrepreneurial culture and the use of digital business games? What is the learners’ feedback on game-based learning?
This was carried out via focus group methodology.
Last April Each partner country carried out three Focus Groups (1 with Experts/Teachers and 2 with students ) where participants were asked a series of questions/given statements on the core topics of the Project to which they freely shared their opinions, ideas and reactions.
The feedback collected through focus groups will be one of the milestones in the Study/research on game-based entrepreneurial learning methodologies across Europe.
The second Structured Training Activity of the EN.GA.G.E. project will take place in Foligno (Italy), next 2-8 July 2018.
- CONTENTS: training activities will mostly focus on analysis and evaluation of good practices of digital gaming for entrepreneurial learning collected within the framework of the Erasmus+ project “ENGAGE – Entrepreneurial Games for Growing Europeans“. Participants will have the chance to meet the games’ developers and cooperate with them for the realization of innovative ideas during the Hackathon of 5-8 July.
- COSTS: full coverage from Erasmus+ KA1 grants for participants from other European Countries – coverage of only course registration fees for Italian participants
- LANGUAGE: all activities will be in English
Contact us if you need more information or if you are interested in joining the workshop!