Anaptyxiako Kentro Thessalias – AKETH [Developmental Centre Of Thessaly – D.C.T.], is a nonprofit continuing vocational education & training (VET) centre/provider, located in Trikala, Greece and founded in 2004. As a nonprofit organization, AKETH uses its surplus revenues to further achieve its purpose and mission. Its revenues derived by its activities operating as international VET provider, offering counseling services and providing e-solutions through AKETH lab.
AKETH-DCT is aligned with the E.U. strategic framework about fighting the rising levels of unemployment –particularly among young people. The confrontation of unemployment, which threats a high number of adult workers, the social cohesion and standard of living and may result in social exclusion and the increase of poverty, can occur through the improvement of provided education/training in terms of quality and efficiency. AKETH’s mission is to provide certified education & training opportunities, counseling & personal development to adults and young people in order to contribute in their life improving.
AKETH-DCT is a certified VET provider by the National Accreditation Organization for Vocational Training/Skills and has been certified as adult educators/trainers examination center by E.O.P.P.E.P.’s [National Organization for the Certification of Qualifications & Vocational Guidance (EOPPEP)] Certification of Educational Attainment for Non-Formal Education Adult Educators. In 2011 AKETH was awarded from the Greek State Scholarships Foundation (IKY – Greek National Agency) for the implementation of its exemplary vocational education and training projects under Leonardo da Vinci programme.
AKETH-DCT is member of
- The Hellenic Association of Continuing Vocational Training Centers.
- The European Network for Transfer and Exploitation of EU Project Results
- The Drop’pin community -Europe’s youth opportunities platform
- EPALE membership community for Adult Learning in Europe
AKETH-DCT promotes the strategic deployment of ICT in education as a learning tool. It promotes the development of ICT applications for learning and the integration of digital tools as complementary educational content within wider, blended learning and teaching processes
At the European Level, AKETH-DCT was involved as partner and as coordinator in various European projects, having acquired strong experience in the management, coordination, implementation, dissemination and all the other related activities.
Indicative AKETH has been a coordinator/partner in the following European Projects in the field of ICT and recognition of training systems:
- VALORISATION OF INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES FOR AGING IN EUROPE under GRUNDTVIG MULTILATERAL. In this project DCT was (among other) the coordinator of the Working Package related to the development of the e-learning platform of the project and the administrator of that platform
- Cloud Computing for School Networking & Learning under COMENIUS CMP, where AKETH was responsible of the evaluation and amelioration of the teaching and learning procedure of pupils from rural regions using cloud computing technologies and e-learning platforms.
- Building Intelligent Interactive Tutors: Adult trainee-centered strategies for life-long e-learning under ERASMUS+. This project concerns the training of adult educators in the usage of e-learning platforms in the training procedure. The training period has been designed under the concept of ECVET and thus it has a European Recognition.
- STARTUP – Spread the Art of Going Up” has been developed under the ΕRASMUS+ KA2 action. AKETH was the coordinator/applicant and the leader organization for the development of the training material and mainly for the innovative e-learning platform of the project.